Beach sounds... as exciting as chocolate



Two days ago, I read something in relation to a competition from Slupsk (Poland) about ocean sounds. According  to this article, the most beautiful ocean sound of the world is from "Riazor" beach in A Coruña, Galicia... yes, Spain. This beach is a beautiful but rarely natural environment that people has preserved in the middle of the city. 

But, while I was reading it, for a couple of minutes, I thought that it couldn't be possible because I'm pretty sure that the most wonderful ocean sound of the world must be from CUYAGUA!!! oh yes, Cuyagua, a surf beach, located in the central coast of Venezuela. An amazing beach undercover for the rest of the world (outside Venezuela). This beach is as exciting as chocolate...

...most of you know what I'm talking about. 


Cuyagua is an exotic beach with palm trees and coconuts. Sand is white and warm and water is really hot. There is also a river at the beginning of the beach.


When I was young and pretty, I used to go to Cuyagua almost every weekend, not for relaxing but for party. Parties over there used to be so exciting. There were a lot of "machos en camioneta" with amazing audio systems in their cars, nice people, a lot of tents and sleeping bags all over the beach and, of course, a lot of alcohol. But the best part was always the ocean sound!

I have very good memories about that sound. It was strong, hot and unpredictable. The sound of the waves and the sound of wind are not that far off from each other. It used to make me feel like party.



I always remember Carnivals' parties in that beach, full of people, crowded with serried ranks of umbrellas and deck chairs but funny. And of course, I loved to have lunch on the beach. There were few restaurants serving fish dishes.



Getting back to Riazor beach, I have to say that it is a wonderful place to visit too. The city was built around the beach, so the beautiful sound of big blue ocean's waves crashing against the cliffs is lost among the noise of the city. 


But if you go somewhere a little quieter you can sit and listen to the waves of water crashing along the shore, watch the seagulls joyfully fly around in circles in the air and find gorgeous, shiny shells that have been washed into the shore by the rippling of the water. And, of course, the strong wind and rain would make a difference too.




For my Spanish friends here is a video from Sun Channel about Cuyagua beach: http://youtu.be/Cm1trCcGEPU


Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment